5 Smart Actions That Will Benefit E-Commerce Sales
Electronic commerce, also widely known as e-commerce, is the process of selling and buying products or goods over the internet, including social media networks. It’s no surprise that in today’s market the e-commerce market is expanding at record speeds and it’s time for your business to be part of this growth. With the help of digital marketing, you can start, or continue, to flourish in this electronic world.
Here are five smart actions that our marketing experts believe will benefit your e-commerce sales:
1. Use social media channels to generate revenue
It’s extremely valuable to promote your company on social media channels to link interested viewers back to your e-commerce website.
Here are the top three social platforms to generate business:
- Facebook: With more than 2.7 billion users on Facebook, creating a Facebook business profile can help your business promote services, target relevant customers and boost your brand awareness! A great way to generate business here is to create a campaign that takes potential customers to a specific landing page that’s been created to educate and converter users.
- Instagram Shopping: By setting up a business profile on Instagram, you will have access to shopping features to promote specific products. The shopping tag is one of these key elements and is used to tag pictures of your product with its name and price. When users click on the tag, they will be automatically redirected to the specific page for that product on your website.
- Pinterest: One-third of Pinterest users say they use the social media platform to follow brands. Time to set up a business account in Pinterest! Show off your products with pins and be sure to link them back to your website.
Along with using social media to bring in business, our team can enhance your campaign by combining other services, such as video, to better enhance the campaign and also track performance of the paid social media ads.
2. Create a mobile-friendly website
The data speaks for itself. Sixty-one percent of consumers say they are more likely to purchase from mobile-friendly sites.
There are several ways to make your website mobile-friendly to drive your e-commerce sales. Consider:
- Creating easy-to-use navigation. Highlight the most important pages, especially the ones that point your customer toward the sale.
- Creating a mobile-friendly guest checkout. Users on mobile want an easy checkout experience. By creating a guest checkout alongside your member checkout, it can minimize the time required to purchase the products users are looking for.
- Designing for fingers, not a mouse. You don’t want your buttons to be small or too big for the user to click on. Create a seamless experience.
- Use larger font sizes. On your desktop webpage, the average font size can be smaller but it’s a good idea to have at least 16 px for your mobile users so your users don’t have to zoom in to read text.
If you’re looking for more ways to optimize your website and obtain more traffic, check out our blog here. This was written by our digital marketing experts to better show how our agency uses our skills and research to improve our customer’s website ratings.
3. Add customer reviews to your product pages
Customer reviews, or user-generated content, is an excellent way to build your credibility and drive your e-commerce sales. Ninety-one percent of customers regularly or occasionally read online reviews and 84% trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendations.
Integrating places for customers to leave reviews for your products will drive your e-commerce sales with excellent customer service and they can also be used in your digital campaigns.
4. Launch a referral program
According to Nielsen Global Trust, 83% of respondents within 60 countries said they trusted recommendations by friends and family. Since users trust recommendations the most, with the addition of a referral program, you can incentivize users to recommend your brand to people in their social bubble and beyond. For example, Airbnb’s refer-a-friend program offered up to $18 per qualifying stay to the referrers and even up to $46 account credit to the referees. The program was successful with bookings increased by 25% and referrals by more than 300% in their latest referral version.
5. Improve your guest checkout experience
Imagine this: a user is scrolling through e-commerce websites to find a specific product and is looking to make a quick purchase. The user makes their way to your website and notices you have guest checkout. Knowing the purchase will be quick and easy, this alone seals the deal on their decision to buy from your brand.
It’s possible to create a smooth checkout experience by:
- Creating a guest checkout. According to BigCommerce, your customers are less likely to abandon their carts if you have a guest checkout. With this option, customers can choose to skip signing in or signing up for an account and provides them with a faster checkout process.
- Ensuring payment is secure. You want to use a highly-rated service for your customers to shop on to build their trust and brand loyalty.
- Having an option to become a member at the end. Tell your customers about the amazing benefits and rewards of signing up for your membership as an incentive.
What are the essentials? Let us help you find out! Appleton is an award-winning, full-service Orlando advertising agency that works with local, national and international clients to deliver impressive ad campaigns, branding, print, web, public relations, social media and video services — all in-house. At Appleton, we want to learn about your business, empower your marketing team and be your creative resource. Your advertising goals are worth a conversation: contact us at 407-246-0092 or email@example.com.
Share on social media: