Content Writer & CopywriterAppleton Creative – Orlando, Florida
Appleton is an award-winning agency in the heart of Downtown Orlando that provides advertising and marketing solutions for high-profile regional and national clients. Services include strategic planning, brand development, web, digital, video, print, public relations and media. We are a high-energy, fast-paced team that works with a wide range of mediums and markets. We have an inviting culture that emphasizes charitable giving, positive attitudes, communication, mutual support and a strong work ethic. Appleton has continually been voted a Best Place to Work by the Orlando Business Journal since 2017. We have great benefits, a flexible work environment, the latest industry technology and programs, free parking downtown and an endless supply of snacks and caffeine. We are dedicated to our employees’ personal and professional growth, providing continuous education and opportunities to work on award-winning projects and campaigns.
Individual Qualities and Responsibilities
We work with all kinds of customer niches, from real estate and hospitality to non-profits and healthcare, there is a wide variety of writing to be done across a multitude of traditional and digital platforms! We are looking for a candidate with outstanding writing, research and communication skills that has experience in both creative copywriting and content writing. As a copywriter, you will write content for a variety of mediums such as websites, brochures, social media, digital ads and more. As a content writer, you will produce original, researched-based content for blog articles about marketing and advertising as well as topics specific to our client’s industries.
We are looking for someone with a sharp eye for detail (no grammar or punctuation error ever gets past you), the ability to meet deadlines (and be flexible when they change) and have the willingness to contribute new and creative ideas for our content marketing strategy.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with demonstrated experience in content writing, conceptual writing in marketing or advertising, brand messaging and promotional copy
- Writing clear and error-free original copy and editing content for a variety of formats and mediums
- Understanding of brand voice and target audience
- A writing style that allows for various tone of voice, perspectives, and other characteristics
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce content
- Interpreting creative direction and technical information and turning them into persuasive copy concepts
- Ensure written materials are clear, concise and persuasive
- Revise copy based on feedback/direction
- Manage time and establish priorities while maintaining flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
This is a part-time position with a potential opportunity to work into a full-time position including benefits. You have the ability to work from home or on-site in our office. The hours are flexible and will vary per week.
Desired Education & Experience
- A 4-year bachelor’s degree in writing, advertising, marketing or related major
- A minimum of 3-5 years copywriting/content writing experience, agency experience is a plus
- Candidates with experience writing for digital marketing, direct response or sales-driven copy is a plus
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and the ability to easily adapt to other software programs
Potential Opportunity to Work into Full-time Position, Benefits May Include:
- Competitive salary
- Employee health insurance
- Other optional insurances
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Retirement plan with vested matching funds
- Professional development education
- Room for advancement and other employee perks
Please send resume to HR@AppletonCreative.com with the subject line “Application for PART-TIME Content Writer & Copywriter” followed by your name.
MUST include a variety of writing samples with application.