We are currently looking to expand our network of freelancers, including the following:
Graphic Designer: Onsite Freelance
Looking for a candidate with outstanding design, production and communication skills to design marketing content. This is an onsite freelance position. Please include portfolio and/or design samples with application.
Qualified candidates will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Can take the design from concept to completion
- Prepress (must have knowledge of preparing files for vendors)
- Responsive website design (programming and app design is a plus)
Qualified candidates are expected to
- Collaborate with designers and the marketing team
- Take direction from the creative director and project manager
- Take instruction and work independently
- Work within a Mac-based environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- A degree required in advertising, design or a related major
- A minimum of 5 years of experience
- Knowledge of full Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects & Premier is a plus)
- Agency experience a plus
- Type: Contract
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years
- Location: Must work onsite during business hours
Front End Web Developer: Freelance
Looking for an outstanding front-web developer.This is a freelance position with the opportunity to work into a full time position. Please send us your resume and examples of your work. If selected for an interview, please be prepared to present examples of your work, including source code.
- Convert Photoshop files to HTML/CSS templates and build out remaining pages/templates in a website.
- Manage existing websites, adding new functionality and content.
- Install and customize jQuery plugins such as rotators, carousels, and parallax scrolling.
- Develop responsive websites using frameworks & libraries such as Twitter Bootrap and jQuery touch.
- Develop WordPress themes from scratch, including creating custom post types and meta boxes.
- Customize templates for WordPress plugins such as photo galleries, event calendars, contact forms, and shopping carts.
- Collaborate with senior programmer on requirements and planning documentation.
- Collaborate with designers to ensure websites stay on-brand.
- Set up, manage, & configure hosting environments (LAMP stack).
- Write and maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferrable code.
- Maintain working knowledge of new development software, trends, and practices related to your responsibilities.
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Functional knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Expert knowledge of client-side optimization techniques.
- Familiarity with content management solutions such as WordPress. If you are strong in HTML/CSS and familiar with PHP, we can bring you up to speed here.
- Expert understanding of all latest and legacy browser capabilities, including mobile platforms.
- Experience & knowledge with SEO best practices.
- Familiarity with user experience best practices, including mobile platforms.
- Functional knowledge PHP & MySQL.
- Functional knowledge of Linux, Unix, & Apache.
- Strong oral & written communication skills with both teams & clients.
- Strong issue tracking and troubleshooting skills.
- Agency experience
- Strong sense of design
- HTML5 experience
- Familiar and comfortable with common APIs (Facebook, Amazon EC2/S3, Twitter, YouTube, Google Maps, etc)
- Git / Stack Overflow community participation
- Type: Contract
- Experience: Associate
- Functions: Development, Programming
- Industries: Web Development, Marketing and Advertising
- Compensation: Freelance; potential full-time position.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO/SMO) and Social Media Specialist: Freelance
The SEO/SMO and Social Media Specialist is responsible for implementing SEO and social media strategies for clients, including writing blog and public relations copy for various campaigns. The SEO/SMO and Social Media Specialist can quickly understand and support initiatives that will contribute to the goals and success of client campaigns. This position reports to the Web Strategist.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Perform keyword research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations as they pertain to both structure/functionality and content of websites
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific
- Setup, administer, and write content for a client’s social media presence on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Administer search engine programs (XML sitemaps, shopping feeds, webmaster tools) for purposes of diagnostic reporting on client projects
- Help to create and support marketing content to socialize and use for social media purposes (e.g. customer videos briefs, customer case studies, blog posts, posts from analysts and customers)
- Implement link building campaigns in coordination with client SEO goals
- Assist in development and execution of communication/content strategies via social communities in coordination with SEO goals
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and developments
- Research and administer social media and reputation management tools in support of clients’ social media strategy
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance in accordance client goals
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels, including comparisons vs major competitors
- Communication to team and management on project development, timelines, and results
- Work closely with the other team members to meet client goals
- Assist with other team members with copywriting and copyediting on various projects
- Passion for SEO and internet marketing
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- Ability to achieve results using white-hat marketing methods
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Excellent copywriting and proofing skills
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics
- Experience working with popular keyword tools (Google, WordTracker, Keyword Discovery, etc)
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in CMS environments, especially WordPress
- Experience writing blog articles and/or press releases
- Desired: Knowledge of HTML/CSS and website administrations
- Desired: Public relations or other marketing agency experience
- BS/BA degree preferred
Please send resumes to HR@AppletonCreative.com