The facts, figures, traffic patterns and tolls have changed since the start of I-4’s Ultimate Improvement Project in 2015. Our updated I-4 infographic has the lowdown on new highway upgrades and construction for this 21-mile-long, $2.3 billion project in Central Florida. For more information on the I-4 project, visit I4Ultimate.com
The 411 on I-4
- On schedule
- Start: 2015
- Stop: 2021
Project Personnel Facts
- 65% of workers are local
- 63% of workers are minorities
- 59% of workers are 40 years old or younger
- 87% of workers are men
- 13% of workers are women and it’s growing
- 4 bridges currently under construction
- 3 ramps completed
- 2 currently under construction
- 13 are widening
- 74 are being replaced
- 53 are being added
- 21 miles of construction
- $2.3 billion in proposed costs
- 36%* of total construction time is completed (789 of 2,190 days) *Approximately
Attractions (Kirkman Road to John Young Parkway)
- August 2016: Westbound I-4 exit ramp to northbound Kirkman Road was opened.
- 2017: Overpass connecting Grand National Drive and Caravan Court.
Altamonte (Maitland Blvd to SR. 434)
- August 2015: First major traffic shift on westbound Maitland Boulevard.
- July 2016: Major traffic shift on eastbound Maitland Boulevard.
- July 2016: Westbound I-4 on-ramp from eastbound Maitland Boulevard.
- 2018: The Maitland Boulevard (S.R. 414) interchange completion.
Ivanhoe (Ivanhoe Boulevard to Kennedy Boulevard)
- An iconic bridge stretching over Lake Ivanhoe. Substantive
For more information on the I-4 Project: I4Ultimate.com
Appleton Creative is an award-winning, full-service marketing advertising agency located in Orlando, Florida. Appleton works with local, national and international clients to provide marketing strategies through print, web, social media and video production. At Appleton, we want to learn about your business, empower your marketing team and be your creative resource. Your marketing goals are worth a conversation: contact us at 407-246-0092 or email@example.com.