Let’s hear it for the girls! On March 14th, the prestigious women’s entrepreneurship program, ATHENAPowerLink Orlando, celebrated a special graduation ceremony for the program’s 2013 recipients at Rollins College. Congratulations to Jennifer Dickerson with EnRep, Denise Imbesi with Fitness Initiatives, and Kimberly Lawton Koon with Lawton Printers.
ATHENAPowerLink Orlando is a 12-month program of Athena International that is offered in conjunction of the Center for Advanced Entrepreneurship at Rollins College. Its mission is to empower and create leadership opportunities for women. Participants receive guidance from other successful women business owners in the community. The service is personalized to meet their specific needs and goals from a handpicked advisory panel dedicated to the success, growth, and profitability of women leaders and their businesses. Appleton’s President, Diana LaRue, lead the group for Lawton Printers and currently serves on the Alumni Governing Board.
ATHENAPowerLink Orlando is currently accepting application. The eligibility for the program are as followed:
- Must be 51% owned and actively managed by a woman or women
- Must have been in operation for a minimum of two years
- Must have at least two full-time employees (including business owner), or a number of employees whose total work hours add up to two full time positions
- Annual revenues of at least $500,000 in the previous fiscal year
- The owner must have clearly defined objectives and specific reasons for seeking an advisory panel
- Email application materials by March 31st, 2013 with $100 fee.
For more information, visit http://www.athenaorlando.com.
Appleton Creative is an award-winning, full-service advertising agency located in Orlando, Florida. Appleton works with local, national and international clients to provide marketing strategies through print, web, social media and video production – all in house. At Appleton, we want to learn about your business, empower your marketing team and be your creative resource. Your marketing goals are worth a conversation: contact us at 407-246-0092 or firstname.lastname@example.org.