It’s well known that LinkedIn is for professional networking and Facebook is for fun, right? Here at Appleton, we think differently. The fact is, Facebook’s 250 million active users overshadow LinkedIn’s 44 million users. Your Facebook profile is accessed more often than any other online profile. This can be your biggest advertising tool so it’s important to keep it refined and polished.
The following are ways to keep your Facebook professional:
1. Treat it like your desk. If you wouldn’t put a picture of your party habits on your desk for your boss to see, don’t post it online. Make sure all posts are appropriate for your supervisors, co-workers and clients to see.
2. Add friends selectively. The more is not the merrier. The quality of your Facebook experience will be based on the quality of the people in your network.
3. Edit security settings. Consider carefully who you want to view your information. The more you expose, the more risks you take. Go through each link in the Privacy area and make necessary adjustments.
4. Join groups related to business interests. There are groups that specifically provide useful information and professional connections. Watch the groups that your business friends are joining, you too may find them beneficial.
5. Look for events. Search for business events or gatherings for quality, face-to-face networking opportunities. Stay on the lookout for professional seminars, speakers, workplace workshops, and philanthropic socials.
6. Edit your news feed. You may want to know when a friend has made a business connection, but not when they change their profile picture. Click the “preferences” button on your Facebook home page and use the sliders to give preference to the type of information you want.
Visit our Facebook page and stay up to date on social media tips and tricks.
Appleton Creative is an award-winning, full-service advertising agency located in Orlando, Florida. Appleton Creative is a award-winning, full-service advertising agency located in Orlando, Florida. Appleton works with local, national and international clients to provide marketing strategies through print, web, social media and video production – all in house. At Appleton, we want to learn about your business, empower your marketing team and be your creative resource. Your marketing goals are worth a conversation: contact us at 407-246-0092 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Tags: facebook, networking, social media